Get career advice
Typing out a word will show suggestions automatically below

Get career advice

Help & advice

TAFE and training in Victoria

TAFE and Training Line

For free advice about TAFE and training, contact the Victorian government TAFE and Training Line.

Skills and Jobs Centres

Skills and Jobs Centres provide expert information and career advice to current and prospective students, job seekers and employers.

These centres are at all Victorian TAFEs and universities that deliver vocational education and training.

For school leavers

Department of Education and Training

If you are a parent looking for advice to help your child make decisions about their study and career direction, visit Career planning with your child on the Victorian Department of Education and Training website.


myfuture is an Australian Government website for school leavers and parents and for adults looking to change their career or return to study.

You can sign up for a free online account to explore occupations that suit your interests, and read articles by experts about different careers and industries.

Job Outlook

Job Outlook is an Australian Government website that can help you make decisions about study and training, your first job, or the next step in your career.

Their Job Outlook Career Quiz can help you to understand your work style and explore careers you might enjoy.

Youth Central

Youth Central is the Victorian government website for young people aged 12 to 25. It has helpful information on career counselling and career planning resources.

Improve your skills for work and study

Registered Learn Local providers

Learn Local providers offer support, advice and a range of quality-assured and government-subsidised education and training programs. These include pre-accredited and accredited training.

These programs are designed help you return to study, improve your skills, get a qualification, get a job or learn something new.

Learn Local providers are independent, not-for-profit organisations located in community centres and Neighbourhood Houses all over Victoria.

They are funded by the Victorian Government through the Adult, Community and Further Education Board (ACFE).

Career counselling services

Most schools, TAFEs and universities provide students with free, one-on-one career counselling services. Other services you can try include:

Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV)

The CEAV offers career counselling services designed to help people who are experiencing specific barriers to getting a job or doing training. For example, people who have been unemployed for a long time, people with disabilities, and people with limited English or literacy skills.

Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)

CDAA is the association for professional career practitioners. They can help you make career decisions, and also offer coaching and help with preparing your CV. There is a fee for their services.

Visit the CDAA website to find a career practitioner near you.

Skills and Jobs Centres

Skills and Jobs Centres (and most schools, TAFEs and universities) provide one-on-one career counselling services. These centres are at all Victorian TAFEs and universities that deliver vocational education and training.

Change your career

Use the Australian Government's Skills Match tool to see jobs or careers that use your skills.

Support for people with a disability

Disability Employment Australia

Disability Employment Australia provides services and advice for people with disability who are looking for work or are currently employed, and for their employers.

Careers in the Victorian public sector


The Victorian government search portal Careers.Vic can help you find public sector jobs and career opportunities.

It also has information about the different ways you can work in the public sector, for example, cadetships, internships, graduate programs, work experience, volunteering, or through one of the initiatives for Aboriginal employment or disability employment.