Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Crop Farm Workers (other)

Also known as Coffee Plantation Worker, Duboisia Farm Worker, Flower Buncher or Picker, Hop Farm Worker, Lavender Farm Worker, Sugar Cane Planter, Tea Plantation Worker, Tea Tree Farm Worker, Tobacco Farm Worker, Turf Farm Worker.

This occupation group covers Crop Farm Workers not elsewhere classified.

Tasks Include:

  • planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
  • building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
  • operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
  • spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
  • thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
  • irrigating land for crop growth
  • selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
  • grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
Job prospects for Crop Farm Workers in Victoria

Occupations in the Crop Farm Workers group include Crop Farm Workers (other), Fruit or Nut Farm Worker, Fruit or Nut Picker, Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker, Mushroom Picker, Vegetable Farm Worker, Vegetable Picker and Vineyard Worker.

Employment prospects
There are currently 7,400 Crop Farm Workers in Victoria. Over the next five years, the size of this relatively large occupation is expected to grow. Employment prospects for the next five years are strong.

For more information about this occupation at a national level visit the Job Outlook website.

Related courses
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 courses related to Crop Farm Workers (other).
Government-subsidised training is marked with this symbol

This qualification is part of the Rural Production Training Package. It is suitable for workers in the viticulture, citr...

This course is offered in 10 locations

This qualification is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It en...

This course is offered in 3 locations

Saved searches

Save your search results for quick access.
TAFEs and other public providers
Find out about the different types of public training providers.

CSS is relied upon in order to use this site. Please enable and refresh your page. For information on accessibility please navigate to the link in the footer of this page. Thank you.